Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

D-Wade vs. Dirk

First and foremost, I'd like to start this post off positively. Congratulations to Josh Howard for making his first all-star appearance, thanks to NBA commissioner David Stern's veto. As the second best player on the league's best team (record-wise thus far at least), he definitely deserved it. Oh, and I'm glad Carmelo Anthony got his due, too. Should have happened last year, should have been selected up front this year, but it looks like his selection was finally meant to be. Kudos to the two of them.

Now to the nastiness that is the Dwyane Wade/Dirk Nowitzki beef, which Sports Illustrated columnist Tony Mejia eloquently writes about. Am I disputing the fact that he thinks Wade may in fact be right? I'm a Dallas Mavericks' fan, and I'll be the first one to admit that Nowitzki didn't play his best basketball at crunch time during the finals. In fact, I can even understand Wade's assertion that the media pays more attention to Dallas losing the series than they give the Heat (and the officials) for winning it.

But, come on, Dwyane. Is now really the time to reflect back to a time when you guys were in a much better position, especially when you're sitting 9th in the severely watered down Eastern Conference, while Dallas is sitting happily in 1st in the stacked Western Conference? I'm not even going to mention the fact that Dallas beat them a couple weeks ago, simply because I'm scared D-Wade will leave an anonymous comment saying, "We didn't have Shaq."

Let it go, man. You have your ring, and no matter what the media thinks that's ultimately all that matters. I would say Dirk will make you eat your words, but I doubt he'll see you in a meaningful basketball game this spring. Maybe he'll do it next year.

I love your game. Don't get all "Kobe" on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home