Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Marriotts Ridge

I'm completely relieved. All told, I spent a total of probably 48 collective hours working on this project, and I have to say that I'm feeling a plethora of emotions. I just wanted to share.

First and foremost, props goes out to people like Dr. Lieb who are well-versed in the online creation process. Putting this together was literally hell, and I was one broken link away from breaking my computer. But, all in all, no matter what I get on the final project, the experience was worth it.

About the project itself, the reason I chose to do a project on Marriotts Ridge is that , unlike any other player or team I've written about on here, they truly play for the love of the game with no ulterior motives. If I had to choose between going to a high school basketball game or a pro basketball game, I'd definitely choose high school (unless of course it was a Maverick game). The experience of covering those guys for a game and a practice was nostalgic. I remember those days: the hype, the hoopla, the cheerleaders. I would kill to go back.

But, hey, my project might not be the most professional thing on the planet. In fact, it looks somewhat amateurish. I'm just proud that I have something on the Internet with my name on it, something I can claim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home