Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

I know that last blog made you shed a tear. So emotional.

But, anyway, back to business. Last night was the much anticipated debut of Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson. There was a great deal of talk about them not being able to mesh together.

I'd say, for now, that a combined 51 points will shut those naysayers up, at least for a night.

These are two smart basketball players. They know that if they want to get to the next level that numbers are going to be sacrificed. If that means that neither Anthony nor Iverson win the scoring title, so be it.

I still don't see them getting past the second round of the playoffs, though. I can see them winning the division because this is probably about the time of the season the Utah Jazz will take a dive. I mean, Anthony misses 15 games and the Jazz only managed to maintain a three game lead. So, in that regards Denver has nothing to worry about.

But, take it from a fan that used to like an offensive juggernaut with little interest for playing defense (now I like the Mavericks). If the Nuggets want to do more than just set scoring records, they'll need to buckle down and learn how to stop somebody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home