Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

2K8 or Live '08?


So, yeah, I've been gone for quite awhile. Maybe it's because I spent practically the entire summer being bitter about the Dallas Mavericks' monumental collapse against the Golden State Warriors in the first round of last year's otherwise uneventful playoffs.

Then again, compared to the New York Mets (poor Willie Randolph, even though he kept his job) and the San Diego Padres (poor Trevor Hoffman), maybe the Mavericks collapse wasn't that monumental.

With that, I'm past 2006-2007. 2007-2008 is where it's at. And, as training camps opened yesterday, I'm faced with a quandary.

While it's true that I don't have a next generation gaming system at press time, I plan on getting one fairly soon, hopefully by the end of the month. So, the question is... Live '08 or NBA 2k8?

Personally, anybody who knows me knows that I'm a big Live guy, having essentially grown up with the series (I used to give people fits with Penny Hardaway, who gets one more crack at it with Shaquille this season), I am partial to giving Live a chance every single year.

But, with the past couple of seasons basically being mirror images of each other (except for those crappy freestyle moves that I couldn't use on my slow ass computer), I've been seeking solace in the 2K series. In fact, NBA 2K7 was probably one of the best basketball game I've ever played.

Here's the thing: Live promised an overhaul from last year's version, all but admitting that they did a subpar job in '07. I've seen screen shots, I've seen video: DEFINITELY different. Now, I have read some reviews that said 2K8 is still better, but I don't know. I'm A-K vs. pocket 8's right now (for more on poker and my ups and downs, click it.

Actually, I guess the next step is getting the next gen. system, right, Shanta?

NBA previews starting tomorrow. Good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home