Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

PREDICTIONS!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll be the first one to admit that I avoided talking about the NCAA Tournament for the last two posts because I'm a little salty. It sucks not being in the running for the sixth year in a row after such a hot start to my bracket predicting "career".

Anyway, here go some "surefire" predictions.


UConn/Purdue: Yes, the Baby Boilermakers are a year older now, and while they struggled at times with puberty this season, they seem to be clicking at the right time, showing everybody that hey, maybe the Big Ten is a decent conference after all. Unfortunately, none of that will matter. A.J. Price and Hasheem Thabeet are on another level, and Purdue doesn't really have an answer for those two. Huskies by ten or more.

Pittsburgh/Xavier: If the Panthers somehow make it to the Final Four like I predicted they would, Sam Young deserves the keys to the city. He absolutely saved them last game against an Oklahoma State team that frankly should be playing in this game. The Musketeers just keep creeping up on you like a cop on the interstate. Then, they're finally right behind you and you can't ignore them anymore. The Panthers are just hoping they don't get pulled over by the boys in blue. Even if they do, I just get the feeling that DeJuan Blair will be able to talk them out of a ticket. Okay, enough police metaphors: Panthers in a close one, six or less.

Duke/Villanova: The Blue Devils, with help from above I suppose, single-handedly took me out of the running on Saturday night after snatching pretty much every single loose ball and seeing every single Texas shot rim out late in the game. Maybe it's fate... maybe this perimeter-oriented but tough-minded team will do the unthinkable and cut down some nets. On behalf of Terp fans everywhere, I'm hoping that Scottie Reynolds, Corey Fisher and Dante Cunningham put an end to that thought. Seriously though, this should be a good one. I just flipped a coin, and it said 'Nova wins by five or more. Must be fate.

Missouri/Memphis: I think this has the potential to be the best game of the night. I expect the pace to be blistering, 40 minutes of utter chaos. It could be one of those games where whoever blinks first loses. In the end, however, I think Memphis has far more talent. They're truly the most improved team in the country since November. I remember watching Tyreke Evans around that time and thinking to myself, "Forget leaving after one year: can you stay for six?" Since then he's turned himself into one of the best players in the country. I don't know if Mizzou has an answer for him. I was about to write Tigers by eight...ROFL (bet you don't remember that one, huh?)... it's Memphis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home