Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Friday, March 20, 2009

15/16

I'm feelin' myself a little bit after posting my best start in pool play history...

But, like a poker tournament, you get nothing for finishing Day 1 as the leader.

Random thoughts after Day 1...

  • Next year, I'm definitely requesting the first two days of the tournament off (maybe by then I'll have a real job). It is next to impossible to work under these conditions, constantly waiting forever for text messages to come and having to rely on people at work who when I ask them for a score they say, "The Lakers are winning."
  • Big win for Maryland. I fully expect them to give the Memphis Tigers all they can handle.
  • Speaking of which, the Tigers showed up to their game against powerhouse Cal-State Northridge an hour and a forty five minutes late.
  • Both Western Kentucky and UCLA provided free clinics for how NOT to close out a game with a big lead.
  • Is Blake Griffin going to be okay?
  • How the hell am I going to leave work in time for the Maryland game????

15-1, baby. Great start.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM , Blogger gqb30612 said...

    Good job on your hot start in my pool. Although I expect the pool to increase in popularity even with the relatively ballin' $200 entry fee, you are sadly the only person from Atholton High School who managed to hang with my entry fee escalation. Hopefully, your devotion to following the game and your loyalty to my pool will be rewarded. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home