Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

White Chocolate Has Melted


The Jason Williams era is officially over.

For the first couple years of his career, J-Will seemed destined to join the great distributors of all-time. But, for whatever reason he just never got much better. I looked at his stats, and I couldn't believe that he shot under 40% for his career. It's hard to believe that a guy could be a starting NBA point guard for the majority of his career despite his inept shooting and suspect defense, but hey... he had a longer NBA career than I had, I guess.

I will say this, though: if we were playing a game on the blacktop, he would definitely be my point guard. His numbers were never stellar, but he gets bonus points for renewing interest from one of the NBA's most important demographics: young white teenagers. Racist or not, it is what it is. A ton of white players--especially guards--wouldn't be playing basketball right now if it wasn't for this man. He was what they aspired to be: the white boy with flavor on the basketball court.

You will be missed J-Will. Courtesy of that old show NBA Action, here are some highlights.

Nice passes in there, but this one might be his sickest (even the foreign guy commentating the game gave him props).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home