Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Monday, September 22, 2008

SLAMONLINE


My comments are "still awaiting moderation" (I remember they deleted one of my comments because I was blatantly promoting my blog without saying anything pertinent to the story once), but SLAMONLINE, one of my favorite basketball website for almost a decade, had two posts today worth commenting on.

The first one, about the Jason Kidd trade, irked me slightly, not neccesarily because of the story, but because of the comments. Everybody and their mother is writing the Mavericks off! While they didn't make any earth-shattering changes, DeSagana Diop gives the Mavs more depth at center and Gerald Green could potentially be a nice sparkplug off the bench. Add that to the fact that I'd take Dirk, Jet, J-Ho and Kidd over ANY FOURSOME IN THE LEAGUE (no bias), and I just can't understand how Dallas doesn't win at least as many as they did last year. Haters!

The second one I'm not as adamant about, but it still surprises me how Juan Dixon has to fight for a job. Granted, he is a niche player, but as I said in my comments just in case they haven't been "moderated" yet, I compare him favorably to Eddie House, and last I checked, House has a ring and not just from sitting on the bench waving a towel. I just don't know.

Next post I lobby for former Towson University great Gary Neal as the next starting two guard for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Ryne Nelson said...

    Excellent commentary! I think the reason Juan Dixon has to fight for a job is because the Wizards don't need another point guard who can't defend. There are plenty other cheaper options.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home