Live From The Nosebleeds

If you want unadulterated analysis of basketball, whether it's the NBA, college basketball, or some pick-up game I saw yesterday, take a gander at my blog.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Is It Basketball Season Yet????


One month until NBA Live '09 comes out. I know that training camps actually open a week or so before that, but to me when Live drops, that's when basketball season starts. Something about Dirk Nowitzki hitting animated step-back, pump fake, pump fake, fade away and flop jumpers gets me excited!

In my time away from basketball season, I've been trying to diversify myself sports' wise (because it's becoming obvious I'll never grow up and care about real issues). For example, obviously I watched football today, as a couple teams (i.e. the Ravens and Falcons) set themselves up for a week of radioheads predicting complete turnarounds. I have to say I was dissappointed Ocho Cinco wasn't allowed to play, and instead some dude named Chad Johnson took his roster spot. In all seriousness, I loved his post game comment when asked about the name change.
"I ain't worried about the name, man. We just lost the game."

That, ladies and gentlemen, might be the most sensible he's ever said.

Believe it or not, I actually caught some tennis this weekend, too. Day Two of Nadal/Murraywas pretty cool, especially for Brit Andy Murray, who will try to become the first of his countrymen to win a major tennis title since his boy Fred Perry did it in 1936.

Oh, and this chick Serena is pretty amazing, too. Seriously, if she decided to one day play with the guys, kind of like Sorenstam used to do on the PGA Tour... I guarantee you she would not be dominated. In fact, I can see her being ranked if she spent a year on tour with the fellas.

See? I'm more than just a one trick pony...












...but seriously, how many days until training camp opens?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home